PEMF therapy is becoming an increasingly common treatment option for equine athletes, work horses, and various livestock. Those who try pulsed electromagnetic field therapy for their horses tend to stick with it, but maybe you’re not quite sure what it is, or maybe you don’t know if PEMF therapy is right for your horse. There are numerous health advantages of PEMF therapy for horses, and practically every horse can benefit from pulsed electromagnetic field therapy.
Benefits of PEMF for horses
Here are a few of the ways that PEMF therapy can help your horse or equine athlete.
- Pain reduction.
- Reduce swelling, soreness, and stiffness.
- Decrease recovery times. PEMF therapy for horses can reduce recovery time for equine competitors by 70%.
- Improve move. PEMF therapy is used to treat depression and anxiety.
- Improve speed, strength, endurance, and overall performance.
- PEMF therapy can help detect injuries and muscle imbalances.
- Improve mobility and range of motion.
- Injury prevention.
- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy can accelerate healing of wounds and bone injuries.
- Improved cellular function and overall health.
PEMF therapy is versatile
One of the things that makes PEMF therapy such a unique treatment option is its versatility. The health advantages of PEMF therapy cover a wide range. PEMF therapy can benefit young healthy horses, old horses, and horses with acute or chronic health problems. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy is great for equine athletes, work horses, and show horses alike.
You can use PEMF for acute injuries such as fractures or hoof splits. Many use PEMF therapy for horses with chronic conditions – such as osteoarthritis. Some people just use PEMF therapy seasonally in preparation for competitions.
Another advantage of PEMF therapy is how quickly you can see results. Depending on what you’re treating, you can see immediate results, which makes it easy to see if PEMF therapy is right for you. You can use PEMF for horses as often or as little as you’d like, and still see results.
Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy is non-invasive, drug-free, and – most importantly – PEMF therapy is effective. Sessions typically last about 40 minutes, and the horses love it! We sell and lease PEMF machines for those interested in trying pulsed electromagnetic field therapy at home, but you may want to see if a local vet offers PEMF therapy.
Call 877-473-6377 or contact PEMF Complete online today!