Racing Medication and Testing Consortium guidelines are in place to crack down on the use of medication for race horses. It’s pretty simple, really. You should not use drugs to give your horse an unfair advantage. Trainers are looking for legal and effective alternatives to medication that can improve the performance of equine athletes. PEMF therapy for race horses provides numerous benefits to ensure that equine athletes can compete to be the best. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy gives horses an advantage without the use of medication.
PEMF therapy is a staple for horse trainers at every level. Numerous Kentucky Derby winners used PEMF therapy leading up to the Run for the Roses, and countless other equine athletes use PEMF therapy in preparation for the big event as well. Here’s why you should consider PEMF therapy for your equine athlete.
Horses love it
People sometimes worry that PEMF therapy might hurt horses. Rest assured that PEMF therapy is completely safe and pain-free. It’s electromagnetic energy rather than electricity that is sent through the horses body during treatment, however. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy mimics the naturally occurring electromagnetic frequencies produced by the Earth. These electromagnetic field pulses stimulate, energize, and heal the cells on a molecular level.
Horses don’t need to be sedated or restrained during PEMF therapy. We typically see horses voluntarily move towards PEMF coils during treatments. They find the electromagnetic pulses relaxing and soothing.
The benefits of PEMF for race horses
- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy is approved by the FDA for healing nonunion bone fractures. It’s used to heal a range of ailments in horses including hoof cracks, bone, and ligament injuries. PEMF therapy also reduces recovery times in between training sessions and after surgeries.
- Another common use for PEMF therapy is to relieve pain and improve mobility. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy reduces pain, stiffness, inflammation, and swelling, which can increase the flexibility and mobility in equine athletes.
- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy isn’t just used for healing and recovery. It’s also an effective means of preventative care. Use PEMF therapy to prevent injuries, identify muscle imbalances, promotes overall wellness, and ensure that your horses stay at their best.
- Improve circulation and increase the amount of oxygen delivered to the cells.
- There’s a growing understanding of the importance of the mental aspect of sports. This is true for equine athletes as well as human athletes. PEMF therapy improves the mood and mental focus for equine athletes.
- Improve the effectiveness of training with PEMF therapy. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy increases physical and athletic performance and reduces recovery times in between training sessions.
PEMF promotes good cell health and proper cellular function on a molecular level. It’s a non-invasive and drug-free treatment for race horses with well documented psychological and physiological benefits.
If you’re interested in buying a PEMF machine for race horses, we have PEMF systems for sale or lease. Call 877-473-6377 or contact PEMF Complete online for more information.