Professional athletes, collegiate athletes, and even recreational athletes use pulsed electromagnetic field therapy. PEMF therapy helps athletes get more out of training sessions and perform better in competitions. You don’t have to be an athlete to take advantage of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy, however. PEMF therapy benefits everyone!
What is PEMF therapy?
PEMF therapy, or pulsed electromagnetic field therapy, is a safe, effective, and non-invasive treatment that promotes cellular health and proper cell function.
PEMF devices work by sending electrical charges to a metal coil, or metal coils. When energized, these PEMF coils produce an electromagnetic field. During a treatment, EMFs travel through the body to stimulate the cells. Treatments takes just a few minutes, and the process is entirely safe and painless.
The “pulse” in pulsed electromagnetic field therapy refers to the fact that the EMFs are not constant. They are produced in waves, or pulses. The earth naturally produces a constant, ambient electromagnetic field. PEMF therapy, however, allows for focused treatments on specific parts of the body, and the EMF pulses alternately engage and relax the cells. These pulses are key in the effectiveness of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy.
How PEMF therapy benefits everyone
Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy doesn’t just help some people. PEMF therapy benefits everyone, regardless of age, occupation, health, or fitness level. It can help people who suffer from health problems, but it can also help healthy people stay healthy.
- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy promotes the body’s natural healing process.
- It improves cellular function, and facilitates good cell health.
- PEMF therapy helps repair damaged tissues.
- It improves the absorption of nutrients.
- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy can help treat depression and anxiety, and improve mood.
- PEMF therapy increases blood flow and improves circulation; this helps oxygenate the cells in the body.
- It helps heal wounds and bone fractures.
- It reduces swelling and inflammation, and speeds recovery.
- PEMF therapy can be used as a post operative treatment and helps with pain relief.
These benefits of PEMF aren’t specific to athletes or any one group in particular. Whether you experience chronic back pain from working a desk job, you work with your hands and have arthritis, or you just want to prevent the onset of chronic health problems, PEMF therapy benefits everyone.